100 Hour Language Training Program
The 100 hour program is for beginning students with limited or no established
proficiency in the target language, Global LT recommends at least 100 hours of
language training to be completed within 12 months. After 100 hours of training,
the student's vocabulary will increase to approximately 800 words in the target
With regular instruction, the student should progress from a
Novice-Mid/Novice High speaking level to a Novice-High/Intermediate-Low speaking
level, and develop the skills necessary for the student to:
- Identify and reproduce the sounds of the language.
- Satisfy the requirements of very basic communicative exchanges by asking
questions and making statements involving learned material.
- Understand words and some high-frequency phrases, both verbal and written,
in high-context situations encountered in everyday life.
- Produce words and some high-frequency phrases with correct stress, rhythm
- Develop speaking and listening skills sufficient to satisfy minimum courtesy
requirements and maintain a limited number of simple, face-to-face conversations
on familiar topics.
- Be able to read and write simple connected material necessary to meet
limited practical needs.
Questions, comments, feedback, or suggestions? We would love to hear from you.